Marine Biologist German speaking
A boutique island resort in UNESCO protected Baa Atoll, Maldives is looking for a German speaking Marine Biologist to work at the Aquatic Centre. (Dive/Marine/Watersport Centre)
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To hold all varieties of Marine related presentations in at least fluent English and German
- Guiding of snorkel excursions
- Rent out snorkel equipment and ensure the snorkel equipment is in a good condition, incl. small repair
- Ensure all Milaidhoo guest are aware of the environmental friendly snorkel guidelines
- Participate and support in our aware programs, like whale shark research program, Manta trust, Manta matcher, shark watch and turtle watch
- Take environmental friendly initiatives, and be pro-active in conserving the underwater world.
- Be the leading person in the coral re-generation program and its success.
- Assisting of dives.
- Assisting in a comfort service towards the Milaidhoo Guests, such as rinsing guest equipment taking care of the equipment.
- To give enthusiastic Marine related information as well as professional dive related information towards the guests and sell all the Aquatic Centre activities
- Ensure safety, wellbeing and enjoyment of the Water Sport Centre guests
- To for fill assigned administration tasks
- Small housekeeping task, (overall cleanness of the Aquatic Centre)
- Assist in any assigned Aquatic Centre watersports activities, like but not limited to renting out snorkel equipment, canoe, windsurf, SUP, Zayak and catamaran
- The Marine biologist should minimum BSc in Marine Biology
- Should hold at least a valid PADI Dive master certification.
- Knowledge and interest in corals and tropical fish biology
- Experience or strong interest in Diving and Watersport activities
- Speak fluent English + German language
- Must have excellent customer service skills and is customer focused
- Very flexible approach to work and a team player
- Able to work on in a remote and quiet place
- Please note this is not a research position
Would you like to have more information about the position and you fulfill the above requirement please send an Email Resume (CV) complete with a recent photo and reference letters to: Karin at