Land Based New Build Contraqct 2nd Engineer Wanted On 140m M/Y
We are looking for a 2nd Engineer to join one of the most exciting new builds this year.
Based in the shipyard in Europe single furnished apartment will be provided until the end of 2018 when this position will enjoy a FULL ROTATION!
You will be a senior officer with team managing capabilities, shipyard and new build experience, class/flag survey experience and good communication skills in order to report in all technical aspects.
Qualifications & Desired Attributes:
- Y2, Y1, Class 1 or Chief Engineer III/2\
- STCW95 Basic Training
- Security awareness or designated security duties certificate
- Seafarers Medical
- No Visible tattoos
- Previous experience in similar position on 100m+ yacht or passenger ships (cruise ship, ferry)
- Senior Officer with team managing capabilities
- Shipyard and new build experience
- Class/Flag surveys experience on passenger ships
- Working according to the highest safety and security standards (risk assessments, permits to work, work procedures, …)
- Good communication skills in order to report about technical aspects and maintain excellent relationship with working partners
- Proactive and good at finding solutions to problems under pressure
- High work ethic, consideration for details, keeping neat and tidy workplaces
- Inspiring to junior engineers and leading by example
- Daily management of engine room, propulsion and auxiliary machineries
- Organizing and following up work of the engine room team
- Managing work planning, hours of rest, watch keeping, engineers’ duties at sea, in harbor
- Preparing, reviewing and improving refit specifications
- Engineering spare parts management: stock inventories, condition monitoring and purchasing
- In charge of ER consumable: inventories, purchasing, monitoring of efficient use
- Working in good coordination with the Chief ETO and ship’s departments: interior and deck
- Planned maintenance system AMOS: input of maintenance schedules, keeping strict records of planned and unplanned work, equipment history
- Reporting to Chief Engineer
- Diesel Generators Wartsila 6L32 Common Rail
- Diesel electric propulsion WARTSILA-SAM-VEM
- Fuel and Lubricants: bunkering, sampling, treatment, etc.
- All Engine Room systems: HVAC, FW, SW, Ballast, Sewage,etc.
- All Safety Systems: Fire, Bilge, Hi-Fog, Life boats davits, Watertight Doors, …
- Hydraulic Systems: shell doors, cranes, gangways, steering gear, stabilizers
- Luxury Hotel plumbing: mixers, regulating valves, etc.
- Ship’s automation, alarm and monitoring systems
- Hospitality professional equipment: galley, laundry, pantries
Start date: November 2017