Dive Center Manager for a private island off the coast of Zanzibar
TITLE : Dive Centre Manager
LOCATION : &BeyondMnemba Island
&Beyond is built, almost entirely, on the strength of remarkable people who give passionately to their jobs, work tirelessly, look after our guests beautifully and care for the communities and environment which surrounds us. Every single '&Beyonder' makes a huge difference to our success and our contribution to the world, regardless of their role or function. For this reason we choose '&Beyonders' very carefully - they are the strength and the future of this company.
· Guide all certified guests on two dives per day with a maximum ratio of 6 guests to 1 instructor.
· Sell and conduct diving courses to Mnemba guests, maximum ratio of 2 students to 1 instructor.
· Brief and (time permitting) guide all guests wishing to snorkel.
· Interact with all guests throughout their stay, particularly at mealtimes.
· Host cocktails and dinner as per the Mnemba senior management hosting schedule (typically 10-13 nights per month)
· As part of the & Beyond Mnemba Island senior management team you will be required to assist (as and when necessary) in many aspects of running the lodge.
· Conduct turtle monitoring duties, as per roster, after having received relevant training.
· Attend the morning meeting at 8am every day.
· Wear & Beyond uniform and name badge every day.
· Management of Mnemba Island's dive centre and boatmen team.
· Responsible for ensuring all guests have the best and safest possible experience during any water-related activities during their stay.
· Responsible for budget lines pertaining to dive centre - Scuba Diving Cost, Watersports Equipment, R & M boats and Boat Fuel.
· Responsible for ordering and receiving diving and watersports equipment when necessary within in the bounds of the Scuba Diving and Watersports budgets.
· Responsible for fuel monitoring of all boats.
· Responsible for cleanliness and adherence to design specifications of Dive Centres as per & Beyond styling guides.
· Responsible for billing guests for diving services (courses only, 2 dives per day for certified divers are included within the room rate).
· Responsible for orderly filing of all diving related paperwork and updating of correct liability releases as per PADI current standards.
· Responsible for keeping updated of changing PADI standards and informing the Lodge Managers of relevant additions/alterations.
· HODs for Boatmen team. Responsible for all training, supervision, discipline and maintenance of & Beyond standards of service for a team of 8 boatmen.
· PADI MSDT certification or higher
· EFR teaching status (one instructor)
· 3 years plus experience as a PADI professional
· Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance
· Current third party liability insurance (PADI or DAN preferred)
· Excellent spoken and written English (other languages an advantage)
· Bright, enthusiastic, energetic and caring personalities
· Palpable passion for diving and marine life
· Smart, clean, presentable appearance.
· Passion for hospitality
· Hard working and highly self-motivated
· Excellent team players, relate well to others.
· Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
. Monthly salary $1700, Travel Allowance $1000 yearly, Medical Aid contribution, Live in and meals.
Please note only short listed canidates will be contacted.
For more information, please email your CV and covering letter to