Manager/Management Couple for Philippines Dive Centre
Mike's Beach Resort and Dive Centre is located in Dauin on Negros Island in the Philippines.
After a highly successful 10 years of operation, we have just expanded our resort and now have 12 rooms, a fully equipped PADI Dive Centre, two banca dive boats and an on-site bar and restaurant. In addition, Dauin is becoming increasing well known for top class diving with incredible macro life and easy access to the world-renowned Apo Island.
We are looking for a Dive Professional with proven Sales and Marketing to oversee daily diving activities and to help us increase diver numbers. The successful candidate will also have a role in assisting with the management of the resort and liaising with the owners, staff and clients to help maintain our continually high customer satisfaction and top ranking on review sites.
This is the perfect role for a self-motivated individual to work relatively independently in a well-established business, using their skills to make a real difference. In reward for your efforts you will be compensated with a basic salary, plus commissions on new business and any courses taught. Other benefits include a paid Work Permit, staff discount in the bar & restaurant, paid holiday and a very attractive and friendly environment in which to work.
Couples who are interested in sharing the role are also invited to apply.
- Fluent spoken and written English, other foreign languages are a plus
- Good communication skills
- A reliable and conscientious self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team
- Open Water Scuba Instructor or higher with at least 100 certifications and Specialties
- Proven success in sales and marketing and attracting new clients/dive groups/clubs
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Computer literate, knowledge of all Microsoft products, databases social media platforms
- A flexible, hard working, problem solver
- Willingness to commit to a contract for at least the duration of a 1 year work permit
- Experience working in a resort environment in South East Asia, preferably at a management level
- Experience of working with Agents and Tour Organisers
- Equipment servicing, mechanical knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of local permit and licence requirements for boats and dive staff
Applicants would need to be available to start in May 2019.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume(s) to: