We are looking for our next 2nd Engineer to join a worldwide traveling yacht known for adventure and professionalism.
What we are seeking:
Somebody who enjoys working with their hands and is meticulous in the care, maintenance and safe operations yacht machinery. An professional and detail oriented individual who is looking to take their skills and passions to the next level with a fleet that's committed to help you grow and make a positive difference in the world.
Nice to meet you!
We will take you to places you have only dreamed of going... As one of our crew you will be a part of a team that works in an eye-opening, amazingly fun, professionally run fleet that demands hard work, perfection and attention to detail.
As a member on our team you will…
Work with the Engineering team on the yacht’s safety, performance and efficiency, handling all mechanical and electrical operations on board – by:
- Maintaining the main generators and propulsion train, fuel processing equipment, hotel service equipment, refrigeration and HVAC plants
- Providing excellent service to the owner and guests in a warm, friendly and polite manner
- Maintaining cleanliness of equipment and assist with general cleaning of machinery spaces.
- Demonstrating honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- Performing all watch keeping routines as outlined in Chief Engineer’s standing orders and form a permanent part of the department duty roster.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy
- Service Excellence, integrity and a drive for Passion
- Being solution minded, empathetic and intuitive
- An ability to be nimble, flexible and courageous
- Well-organized and structured without rigidity
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- A good sense of humor and a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
To be considered for this role you will need:
- STCW III/1 EOOW
- 4 years of sea-going engineering experience, including duty as watch keeper on main and auxiliary propulsion systems.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.For more information and to apply please lick this link: http://bit.ly/2ndeng