Watersports Manager in Vanuatu
Island based Resort role with a unique living and working environment
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Watersports Manager to join the team at our beautiful Hideaway Island Resort and Marine Sanctuary. This is a live-in position, and you will be on call at times.
As the Hideaway Island Watersports Manager you will lead a team of Dive Masters and Dive Instructors and our boating team to ensure our guests experience the very highest levels of service and safety while undertaking diving and snorkeling activities in and around the exquisite reef off Hideaway Island. We want to hear from you if you can help us to expand on our credentials as a destination of choice for the environmentally aware tourist.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be an experienced SCUBA Instructor with a passion for marine conservation
- Have an excellent understanding of the marine environment.
- Have extensive experience in tourism and hospitality, with the ability to engage and motivate your audience providing an informative, yet safe diving experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership/organisational skills with the ability to take control and give directions to other staff and guests in the event of an emergency.
- Be well versed in all aspects of Marine safety with experience handling boats
- Have a detailed understanding of all aspects of running a Dive Centre operation and managing a team of Dive Instructors/Divemasters
- Be experienced in running a business, because at the end of the day we have to show a profit.
Holding and maintaining the following certifications and licenses are essential for this role:
- PADI Instructor certification minimum Master Scuba Diver Trainer, with a range of specialty instructor certifications, Staff Instructor or higher preferred
- Prefer Bachelors degree in Marine Science or similar
- Current first aid Instructor
- Oxygen provider
- Manual Drivers license
- Minimum of a recreational boat licence