Plymouth UK Dive Manager Position(1)
Aquanauts is looking for an experienced manager to start ASAP at our busy coastal IDC centre. We're a full service centre with shop, hardboat, pool and training facility with a fantastic harbourside location.
Please forward your C.V. and any other relevant information to
Role and responsibilities
- Schedule training, liaise with freelance instructors and organise course logistics.
- Teach diving and actively promote further education and equipment ownership to students.
- Update boat trip schedules and advertise spaces
- Assist customers on equipment purchases, course options, boat bookings, equipment hire and provide gas fills.
- Respond to incoming emails and phone enquires for on and offline sales.
- Promote and organise club activities to include meetings, holidays, trips and special events which encourage environmental responsibility to our divers.
- Promote aquanauts through social media and newsletters.
- Organise school equipment servicing schedule.
- Update Aquanauts websites with courses, boat trips and online equipment.
- Guide qualified divers.
- Skipper / Crew the boat or assist the skipper when diving from our boats.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the centre, its vehicles, boats, diving equipment, compressor and pool.
- Attend dive shows to promote the activities that Aquanauts offer.
- Maintain equipment stock levels in shop and update displays.
- Keep up to date on PADI and HSE requirements to ensure the safety of Aquanauts customers and staff at all times.
- Minimum requirement of PADI MSDT with UK teaching experience of all PADI core courses and preferable Drysuit, Wreck, Deep, Night, and Nitrox specialities.
- HSE commercial diving medical in date without restrictions.
- Full clean UK Driving License and ability to drive company vehicles.
- Sales experience of PADI courses and diving equipment.
- Gas blending experience preferred.
- Dive equipment servicing experience would be of additional benefit.
- Enthusiastic about diving and the underwater world.
- Driven to pursue sales and maximise centre profits.
- The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, self-motivated individual with excellent cu - stomer service skills.