Coral Biologist, Maldives
To oversee the coral restoration project at a 5* resort in the Maldives. This position will report to the Resident Marine Biologist as well as manage a diverse team of three people, two restoration interns and one boat captain. He/she will be in charge of long-term project goals and improvements in order to increase the success of the project.
Duties include: long-term and daily scheduling; nursery construction, maintenance, and upkeep; nursery monitoring; transplanting nursery corals, monitoring of coral transplants; reef surveying including fish and benthic surveys; data management; writing scientific reports; coral adoption and educational talks for resort guests.
Start mid October, November 1st at the latest.
- Bachelor’s degree in marine biology or related field
- Minimum rescue diver certification; divemaster preferred
- Coral restoration experience – including nurseries and transplanting
- Knowledgeable about marine ecosystems
- Experience with coral reef surveying
- Experience with statistical analysis and management of large datasets
- Previous experience in 5* resort preferred
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Comfortable working in remote location
- Boat handling experiences would be a plus but not mandatory
- 1 year contract with possibility of extension
- Attractive monthly salary (USD)
- International flights and work permit borne by resort (arrival and departure)
- Two shared accommodation
- Meals provided by resort
- 60% off from resort restaurants and bars
To apply, please send CV including date of birth, cover letter, and a recent photo to