Female OWSI/EFR/Specs instructor

I am a single female from South Africa with 3 years of PADI diving experience, and I have been working as a PADI Instructor since December 2017. Since completing my IDC, I have worked as a freelancer in Khao Lak, Thailand, which has allowed me to gain a large variety of experience on liveaboard boats in the Similan and Surin Islands, as well as day trip experience in both guiding and teaching. Unfortunately, freelancing has meant that there has been a lack of opportunities to conduct courses, which I hope to find more opportunities to do, however, it has allowed me to still conduct two Open Water courses, one Rescue course, two DSD courses and many refresher courses, as well as a lot of guiding experience in the area.

I am currently an active status PADI OWSI instructor, along with the instructor certifications to teach the following specialities:

CPR/AED/First Aid – Infant/Child/Adult

Deep Diver Speciality

Night Diver Speciality

AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Distinctive Speciality

Dive Against Debri Distinctive Speciality

Delayed Surface Marker Buoy Speciality

Emergency Oxygen Provider Speciality

Enriched Air Nitrox Speciality

Digital Underwater Photography

I am an enthusiastic, dynamic person who adapts easily to my environment. I am used to working and living in expatriate communities and have a full understanding of the many rewards this type of working environment and lifestyle has to offer. I am also well suited to working in teams and find it easy to work with a flexible schedule, and to be flexible in my teaching techniques and methods. I currently speak English and Afrikaans at a fluent level and have basic skills in American Sign Language. I am also looking into taking on a German language course to enhance my language abilities as well. I am good at working under pressure and find great joy in working with Discover Scuba Diving courses, and with Junior Open Water divers.

I also possess a Bachelor of Education degree which allows me to work with children from the ages of 6 months old to 14 years old and have a Swim coaches certificate which allows me to teach swimming from babies to Olympic level competitors. Other certifications I have include a certificate in Nutrition and Lifestyle as well. 

For more info, contact me on

Please sign in to view this text
or on skype, tamsyn.ni .