2 German and English speaking Instructor required for Maldives(2)
IDive diving center operating at Diamonds Athuruga & Thudufushi Is. Resort, Ari Atoll, is seeking 2 GERMAN (mother tongue) and ENGLISH speaking instructor (preferably between 30-35 years of age) to start April-May 2018.
For this position, we are seeking an instructor with minimum 2 years of experience and 50 certifications (excluding DSD’s). Previous experience working in the Maldives would be of advantage but not necessary. Nonetheless, applicants must be comfortable working on a remote small island where entertainment and recreational activities are available but is not a party place.
Essential qualifications for all applicants:
PADI OWSI or MSDT in teaching status, with Enriched Air Nitrox & EFR (minimum), other specialties a big plus.
German and English (spoken & written fluency), if additionally, applicants can speak/teach in Italian, it would be a plus, however our main necessity is German language. Therefore, please DO NOT apply if cannot speak German fluently. Couples, need not apply.
Must own full personal set of equipment (including dive torch) and diving insurance (DAN Silver or equivalent).
Applicants should also possess the following:
Strong focus on customer service, highest sales skills with a flair to sell PADI continuing education programs and specialties.
Have great attention to details and PADI standards.
Due to the type of working environment, applicants must be well groomed (no piercings when in uniform and offensive or full body tattoos).
Photo/video shooting skills and use of editing software (i.e.: Final cut, Premier pro, Lightroom, Photoshop), proficiency in sales, online marketing and IT skills are highly desirable.
- A 6 months’ contract which can be renewed for an additional 6 months if both parties are in agreement.
- Paid Work Permit/Visa
- Accommodation in single room (with A/C, private bathroom);
- Meals at main guests’ restaurant, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages at guests’ bar, and laundry service.
- Basic salary, plus above average commission on courses, rentals and sales of merchandising (paid in USD); plus monthly flight allowance as a refund of travelling cost to point of employment.
Please DO NOT apply via Linkdin or other web platforms, ONLY forward your application as pdf file to
- English up-to-date CV (including non-diving history);
- Student count
- Recent portrait photo (no sunglasses or underwater);
- References from most recent diving employer.
Our recruitment process shall terminate by the end of March. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further interview.
Thank you for the attention, we look forward to receiving your application.
IDive Diving Center Maldives