Mate/1st OfficerCaptain

American, 61 y/o

Experience: 10+ years

-USCG Master;500 tons (GRT) / 3000 Tons (GT), Oceans -USCG Third Mate;Unlimited Tonnage,(OCINW)Oceans -Cayman Isle Endorsement: Equivalent MCA: OOW. -USCG Master; 100 tons Oceans, Auxiliary Sail. -GMDSS , -Vessel Security (VPDSD), -ARPA & Radar Observer Unlimited, -Medical Care Provider. -Bachelor of Science: Nautical Industrial Technology, California Maritime Academy, 1980 -FAA Aircraft Pilot; IFR Rated -FAA Jet Mechanic; FAA Airframe & Powerplant Technician -PADI Diver; Open Water -Collegiate Sailing Coach -ASA Instructor: Sailing, Power-boating and Navigation. Radar instructor. Sail training Vessel Master; Pacific, South America, European,Caribbean voyages.

Hi ! I am looking to use my experience as 1st Mate or Captain on all types of vessels from private yachts to pocket cruise ships to ocean crossing sail yachts. Knowledge of marine composite construction, and good mechanical background in power plants, electrics and hydraulics also as trained jet/helo mechanic. 30+ years licensed, power and sail, looking primarily for Mate position on larger vessel under my 500ton (GRT)/ 3000 ton (GT)with Cayman Isle endorsements (OOW). Other MCA endorsements can be obtained. I am just as happy working on deck with crew, or standing watch at midnight. Not a second career, I started at age five on chartered boats on Long Island sound, raced sailboats and cruised out of Newport Beach by age 9, later trans-pacific sail voyages as well as commercial work in South America, Caribbean, Western Europe. Recently the Captain of 106' Private & Charter east coast motoryacht that was put up for sale. Hope to put my knowledge to good use on board with a professional but light hearted crew. I believe my job as Mate is to make the Captain look good. My job as Captain is to have the owner enjoy his vessel, and the places that we take him to. Regards, Brian K.

Please sign in to view this text